Schedule of Events (SOE)
August 5, 2005 (Friday)
- Arrival and Check-in at Best Western
Center Inn, 235 N. Military Hwy, Norfolk, VA
- Reception with cocktails and
- CW send/receive work station
- CV 62 Radioman Fun Quiz (special prize
given to the highest scorer).
- Review weekend reunion events.
August 6, 2005 (Saturday)
- Reunion Breakfast.
- Tour onboard AEGIS DDG 51 Class B/L 6
or 7 Destroyer at NOB (Tentative).
- VIP tour onboard USS WISCONSON (BB 64)
and at The Naval Museum at downtown NORVA (Alternate to
AEGIS DDG 51 tour).
- Group Photo-op at the Tidewater
- Lunch (at a special place to be
- Shopping trip to The MacArthur Center
- Children’s event (to be determined
based on how many children accompany their parents).
- All Hands Evening Dinner at the Grate
Steak, followed by:
- Surprise gifts drawing.
- Formal presentation Title:
“Current Fleet Communications” (1 hr).
- Second presentation: Topic
and guest speaker (to be determined).
- Business meeting (Discuss the
next reunion, planning responsibilities, etc).
August 7, 2005 (Sunday)
- Breakfast/Brunch together.
- Shipmate and Family farewells.
Sharon Turner &
Mini Boss, Kurt Merkling has had an extension of his last
official duty for the US government and will not be able to make
this one. Sorry Mini Boss, We will miss you.